Pet Camper Policies
We require a reservation deposit equivalent to one night of boarding.This deposit will be applied to your stay and will be refundable if you cancel within 48 hours of your scheduled appointment. After the 48 hour period has lapsed, the deposit will be non-refundable. During Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years a $70.00 deposit per pet will be required to secure your reservation. This deposit is refundable if you cancel your reservation 10 days prior to the Holiday.
CANCEL RESERVATION BY : November 17 for Thanksgiving. December 15 for Christmas. December 21 for New Years
We must verify your vaccinations before the day you check in.
This information needs to be updated once a year. All vaccinations need to be verified by documentation from your veterinarian. For your convenience, we recommend you have your vet fax the records directly to us.
Absolutely no pets will be admitted without vaccine verification.
Note: it is your responsibility as the owner of your pet to keep your vaccination records up to date with us.
- Rabies (Every 3 Years)
- Feline Leukemia
- Rabies (Every 3 Years)
- Bordetella (Every 6 Months)
CANINE COUGH – Description/Disclaimer/Policy
Canine Cough is a disease which can be contracted in many locations, dog parks, veterinary hospital, shelters or simply walking your dog down the street. This infection is similar to the human cold. Whom do you hold responsible if you or your child is infected with a cold? Do you blame the resort you lodged at while on vacation, or the daycare center or the school you child attends? NO. You simply accepted the fact that we are living beings who can and will get sick with colds or other diseases. Do you demand that the childcare or resort pay for your doctor’s visit and medications? NO. Because you are realistic and understand that it is impossible for anybody to prevent airborne diseases. Due to the lack of knowledge some dog owners do not understand that a dog can be infected with a cold . Canine cough is a common disease that cannot be prevented by fully vaccinating the dog. If your dog’s immune system is weak the possibility of contracting this disease will increase. Unfortunately, there is no proven method of determining your dog’s immune response against this disease. There is also the possibility that your dog has been previously infected without your knowledge and at the time of checking in to the boarding facility your dog does not display any symptoms. If your canine’s immune system fails to protect him from this disease and he becomes ill , it will risk the well being of other dogs in our care. Oceanside Pet Hotel /Fon Jon Pet Care Center will take the following steps if we notice any symptoms:
1. Remove pet from group play or individual play time.
2. Call owner or emergency contact.
3. Transport dog to veterinarian.
4. Administer medication prescribed by the Veterinarian.
5. Keep dog calm and comfortable.
DOG OWNER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT OF ALL THE CHARGES ASSOCIATED WITH THE TREATMENT AND CARE OF CANINE COUGH. WHICH INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Transportation to Veterinarian Hospital office – $10.00
2. Veterinarian Services.
4. Administration of medication.
- Your Food — We will accept your own brand of pet food brought from home as long as each meal is bagged separately; please include any treats for the day in the same package. Unfortunately, we have limited space in our fridge for food. If you wish to bring food which must be refrigerated please put the food in Ziploc bags.
- Our Food — We serve a dry mixed with warm H2O food. Most dogs do not have any problem eating, but if your dog is on a special diet or is a finicky eater, you are welcome to bring in your own brand of food.
- Treats and Rawhides — It is your own responsibility to make sure that all the articles which you bring in have your last name or your pet’s name on them
If your pet is on medication you need to bring in written instructions on how it should be given, how often and what it is for. We cannot give injections of any kind. We can give medication one to three times a day. We charge $2.00 per medication for each time administered. Please only bring the doses necessary for your pet’s complete stay.
We accept any pet with a major medical problem. Pets who have had major surgery within the previous three weeks (i.e. spay procedure, abdominal procedures, etc) will not be accepted for lodging.
In the unfortunate event that your camper experiences a medical emergency while camping with us, we will transport your pet to your local vet, or the closest vet available. Please note that owners will be responsible for all vet bills, including transportation to vet office, veterinarian services, medication, and administration of medicine.
We will be closed all major holidays. Please note that during our peak holidays seasons, camper packages will have a $10 price adjustment. Please check our calendar for a full list of dates of our peak season. We also do not offer the 10% discount for new client during major holidays.
All pets must be on leash at all times.
Tuesday-Thursday: 8:00am- 5:00pm
We ask that you say goodbye to your pet in the office. Please keep it brief as longer goodbyes are harder on your pet.
- If someone else drops off your pet: If you have made arrangements for someone else to drop off your pet for boarding please let our Staff know so we can set up the details of your pets stay, with you, over the phone.
- Emergency Contact Number: Every attempt will be made to provide the care necessary for your pet should an emergency occur. It is important that you leave a phone number where you can be reached or an emergency contact person so that communication between you and the veterinarian can take place in a timely manner.
- You may check your pet out at any time during business hours. Please note: If you check out your pet after 12:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday or Sunday after 2:00pm an additional half-day charge will be incurred.
- If you sign your pet up for a bath your check out time will be 2:00-Closing (the half day charge is also waived)
- If you sign your pet up for All day group play you may pick up your pet anytime between business hours (the half day charge is also waived)
Toys and Bedding
We do not accept personal bedding and/or toys. Please read the following note to find out why:
A note from the management:
In order to prevent a price increase and make it more comfortable for our four-legged guests, we have decided to supply bedding for all our guests at no extra charge. We do not have a washer and dryer, therefore, the washing and drying of the special bedding that the pet owner brings from home is a labor intensive task and the handling of these items is very time-consuming. Furthermore, while the bedding is being washed and dried, your pet is without a bed for a few days. If we supply the bedding for your pets they will always have a clean and comfortable bed to relax on and enjoy their lodging experience.
For the last 20 years, we have had the privilege of observing pet behavior with their household toys when they are in a lodging environment. We have discovered that most if not all of the dogs, and most of the cats too, ignore the toys from home while lodging. Lodging with us is an activity-rich environment. Your pet is so preoccupied with the activities around him that he ignores his toys. These are toys that your pet loves to play with at home, but at home he is not surrounded by interesting sounds, smells and stimulating activities.
Lastly, bringing your pet’s toys from home to our lodging facility is like bringing your 5-year-old child’s toys with him when visiting Disneyland.